Security Guard Checkpoints
Security guard checkpoints tags which are installed at each key milestone along the patrol route functions to identify the time and location of the duty security officer conducting the patrol during the scanning.
In addition, guard tour checkpoints can also be used for recording any event, security incident or inspection observation.
Types of Patrol Checkpoints Available
1. iButton Touch Memory checkpoint
Made from cold-formed stainless steel, the checkpoints is designed to withstand intentional abuse by vandals or attempts at sabotage. It is also weather resistant and can endure exposure to rain, heat or dust.
A RFID microchip embeds within the checkpoint button stores a unique identification ID number which is used for identifying either a specific location along the patrol route, a specific individual duty patrol officer or a specific event incident preassigned with that particular code.
The checkpoint buttons are designed to be minimalist in outer appearance yet highly reliable in terms of functionality.
2. RFID contactless checkpoint
RFID proximity tags can be read using the Guard tour reader without the need for any physical contact. This enables the RFID checkpoints tags to be visually concealed behind a non-metallic surface, such as wallpaper or paint. This allows them to aesthetically blend into the walls and the overall environment without disrupting the overall appearance of the place, such as corporate offices or lobby, where presenting a professional appearance is important.
Key advantages of a concealable RFID tag includes:
1. Prevents intentional search and sabotage, vandalism or forced removal
2. Ensures that the placement of the RFID checkpoint installation does not interfere with the aesthetic view of the environment, such as a corporate office environment. This make is possible to management a large number of checkpoints at any given time.
3. Non-visibility of the checkpoints also dramatically reduces the predictability of the guard tour route to the general public, where a routine patrol round can otherwise be easily anticipated and countered.
Recommended Locations for Checkpoint Placements
Guard tour scanning checkpoints are recommended to be placed strategically along key areas in the guard site that are identified as subjected to high risk. By placing the checkpoints at various specific locations in the guard site, you can be sure that your officers does their job and toured the designated area at a certain scheduled time during their work shift.
Placement examples include:
1. Storage location of expensive company assets, such as IT server rooms, installation of business critical equipment, or data storage centers with 24/7 service requirements.
2. Areas of buildings which are exposed to high public traffic and possibly subjected to security threats by undesirable trespassers.
Notable examples of open public buildings in Singapore with security services implementing such guard tour systems, includes the National library, NTU, NUS, and SMU.
3. Key entrance and Exit points along the building premises, where access control system is installed.
1. Wall Mounting brackets for touch memory buttons
Made of durable military grade plastic to withstand any intentional abuse or prolonged exposure to environmental corrosion
2. Plastic Cover for Wall mount brackets
The plastic covers serve to protect the guard tour checkpoints from exposure to moisture, dirt, and corrosion.
3. Watertight Wall mount cover
Suitable for outdoor installations where there is a prolonged and continuous exposure to the heat and rain.
It is versatile and can be mounted on any commonly available wall surfaces, such as mason wall, brick wall, concrete wall.
This mounting option is also suitable for heavy industrial or manufacturing environment, where there is a high concentration of oil vapor, which may otherwise deposit on the guard tour checkpoints.
4. Double-sided Adhesive foam Disk
This mounting method is economical but relatively less secure compared to using screws. It is suitable for applications where cost savings is important and where a relatively decent level of adhesion is sufficient.
For more details and information concerning the specification of the checkpoints you need for your new or existing guard tour installation, call us at +65 81812236 today.
1. Security System Integration
Already have an existing security system such Surveillance camera system installed? No problem, our team of security professional will be there to ensure that your patrol management system is integrated with your legacy systems to deliver a cost effective implementation.
2. Software Development & Integration
Need an integrated dashboard to manage your patrol management system together with your existing security systems? We offer customized security software with fast turnaround time and allow for minor fine tuning as your security needs and organizational workflow evolves over time.
3. Guard Patrol System Installation
Our team of friendly installers will be there on-site to help you to implement the guard management system from the initial docking station setup, software configuration, mounting of checkpoints to final functional checks.